Friday, October 22, 2010

Music, Meetings, Parties

Just a regular week in NYC.

This last Wednesday, I finally made it to Drink n' Draw at 3rd Ward. Seriously, an amazing deal: $10 when you come with a friend (otherwise $15), for two and a half hours of figure model drawing, with a lovely figure model and unlimited beer. I'll have to take pictures of some of my sketches and post them here. This may just have to become a weekly activity for me, too! What's great about the event is that it attracts artists of all levels, so there's no need to feel intimidated or inadequate: it's just a space to unwind and indulge in some creativity.

Thursday, last night, I went out... only pictures I managed on getting:

(me, above, not sure of the why of either of these pictures... made sense at the time!)

And tonight, I am going to check out some CMJ goodness at Bruar Falls in Williamsburg and then head to Manhattan to the classy, chic Marquee (not usually my scene, but it is a beautifully swank place to enjoy) for a Meet Up group, a MEGA Multi-group Fall party.

Hello, weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment