Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Writing and Indulgences

As much as I want to kiss the fecklessness of my 20's behind, I am realizing it is (much!) easier to say than do.

While I have begun writing daily and am keeping myself disciplined and motivated with writing, I can't seem to so easily abandon old habits. NYC, you're too much fun, you are like a siren calling me that keeps veering me off my planned journey, and I both grumble and whisper mischievously, telling myself, but isn't the journey itself the whole point? And who can completely resist New York's sexy siren calls?

But I am getting my thrills now more from writing about past escapades and indulgences; and somehow it lets me validate the experiences, relive them and bury them all at the same time. I can finally say goodbye to my college days and early years in New York, gaining some understanding of those whirlwind days while finally putting them to rest.

Yet, of course, I still crave a little fun... And now I am fantasizing about something like this - The Bruise Cruise!

Bruise Cruise - The Strange Boys from BRUISE CRUISE FEST on Vimeo.



A rock 'n' roll cruise from Miami to the Bahamas. Hello, maybe I am not completely done with the fecklessness after all! Of course, I need to be able to cough up some money to do this sort of exploit... hmmm, now to write that $1,000 essay...!

No comments:

Post a Comment