Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mellow Sunday

I am recovering from a minor bike accident, so I kept it mellow last night and today.

Today I enjoyed some wining and dining in not one, but two cafes in the East Village: Cafe Brama and the MudSpot.

Cafe Brama, on 2nd Ave. at 10th St., features a $10 brunch menu with $2 drinks (my $2 drink was a mimosa - yum!). Its evening menu looks quite delectable as well. My spinach and cheese crepes were phenomenal - seriously, incredible! It couldn't quite make my scratches go away, but it could certainly take my mind off things!

Even more special was the MudSpot, located at 307 East 9th St. Known for its Mud trucks around the city, the MudSpot is a very quaint cafe with a charming, hidden backyard they call the Secret Garden, a nickname that is fully deserved! My sangria and molten brownie with vanilla ice cream were delectable. Aparrently they have live events on Monday nights at the Mudspot cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment