Thursday, November 18, 2010

This Week in North Brooklyn Wanderings...

And the week isn't even over yet!

So last night, after I finished working late tutoring, my friend called me and asked if I was going to Drink n' Draw at 3rd Ward. I'd forgotten he was planning on going, but as I didn't have any plans, there I was 20 minutes later, along with another mutual friend.

(some of my sketches from this Wednesday)

As always, it was a fun, pleasant time, with plenty of drawing and drinking PBR. Even the model partook in the beer-drinking.

After 3rd Ward, my two friends and I stopped for a drink at Tandem Bar, another Bushwick restaurant and bar I have just discovered.

(Tandem Bar, above. Photo credit: Melissa Hom)

I'll have to return here for both the food and the reputed dance parties...

Then this afternoon, I discovered that a little chic grocery in Greenpoint is also a wi-fi cafe. And serves breakfast all day. And doesn't get exceptionally crowded. I'm in love. Urban Rustic, I will be coming back to you!

After a delicious brunch, class prep and tutoring, I made it tonight to the City Reliquary's "Thurd THursday" Show n' Tell night of collectors' items. The evening featured such showcased items as border patrol dog trading cards, paperclip sculptures made by a dog, an old top hat box in remarkably good condition that originally belonged to James G. Gould, and a device specifically made to slice English muffins. I'd brought my NYC 70's Flashmaps book with me, but chickened out when I decided I didn't have enough of a story on it. Oh well, maybe next time: the evening will be curated once a month, so stay tuned!

And finally, tomorrow holds many more Brooklyn promises to come. Hello, Goods' Beer, Wine & Heat Party and a crazy, semi-private on-the-down-low Thanksgiving-themed E. Williamsburg/Bushwick party!

No comments:

Post a Comment