Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Halo Air Salt Rooms: Amen!

It's exactly what it sounds like. Halo Air Salt Rooms. Eh? What's that mean? Literally, the place is a spa where you go into your private salt-enmeshed chambers, with purified dry salt aerosol blowing out into the room. It is a futuristic, minimalist salt cave where you lie back and relax, with optional cable to watch while you let the salt work its cleansing magic.


I booked 50 minutes of the Halo Air Salt Rooms from Lifebooker, at only $26. Really, less than I would spend on a night out, and much more purifying and relaxing. Yelpers generally give the place positive reviews as well.

I tried the place out of, well, curiosity, but specifically because I suffer from dry skin and am willing to try most treatments to help my skin at least once. While I am not sure yet how effective this is as a dermatological treatment (and reviews seem to suggest that ongoing visits are required to truly notice effects), I would say that besides being relaxing, I did breathe a lot easier while in my salt cavern. For anyone who needs a bit of relaxation and has $30 and an hour to spare, and especially for anyone with respiratory issues, I recommend this place as an experience you need to try!

(Located at 133 W. 22nd St, between 6th and 7th Ave., Halo Air Salt Rooms is conveniently located in Chelsea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment