Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Cultural Tastes Wait for My Health...

I had grand plans for today. I was going to go to the Dumbo Arts Festival and wander around galleries all day, getting lost in the art, the music, the vibe of a warm fall Saturday in Brooklyn.

And then I was going to go see the Eels tonight at Terminal 5. It was to be an event- and culture-filled day.

Sadly, instead I spent the day inside, wiping my nose and lying in bed. I woke up with a wretched head cold today, ironic because I've recently been taking Vitamin C, antioxidants and echinacea regularly, among other supplements. Maybe that is some anecdotal evidence warning me not to put too much faith into supplements. But then again, I've always been exceptionally susceptible to colds.

So, I have been taking it easy, and who knows, if I am well enough, I may even make it to the Dumbo Arts Festival tomorrow. I remember exploring this festival in previous years, and it really is fascinating to randomly explore large buildings with gallery after gallery as well as to find art tucked away in corners and in the park, lurking everywhere, waiting to be consumed by passer-by.

Sigh. In the meantime, I have been reading all about how to craft a perfect pitch letter, lesson-planing for my classes and watching bad comedy.

And now, for my sleep, which together with all the cold medicine I've been consuming, will hopefully have me in better health and better spirits tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment