Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Free Things This Weekend

My thoughts are gravitating towards free or low-cost activities this weekend.

I am thinking perhaps a free show at the BAMcafé? This Friday, March 6, features the Dang-it Bobbys at 9 pm (with the bar opening at 8; and I presume it will pack a full crowd pretty quickly). The Dang-it Bobbys are a mix of blue-grass and folk, with other influences and a style all their own... And they hail from Brooklyn! Then on Saturday, March 7, at the BAMcafé is Sophia Ramos, McRad and The Dustbin Brothers. This also promises to be an eclectic evening, with punk-pop songs and edgy fun.

But I am also contemplating going to the dance party at Tribeca Grand on Saturday (March 7), promoted by GBH and free with RSVP. See the GBH flyer here. (The RSVP e-mail is tribecagrand@gbh.tv). This should be a fun night of dancing to electro-pop and checking out the scenesters... !

But finally, I think my priority is to have fun with my friends this weekend, when all is said and done. We'll see where that leads me!

No comments:

Post a Comment