Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chasing the Rainy Day Blues Away - Spelling Bee This Monday!



Ok - so, my plan is: Glasslands tomorrow, APW Fri-Sun, and.. Monday? SPELLING BEE! Pete's Candy Store, a bar in Williamsburg (off the Lorimer L stop, at 709 Lorimer St.) is hosting its twice-monthly spelling bee event this coming Monday!



So, for all those over-educated liberal arts grads like myself who at some point envisioned winning a spelling bee, or simply taking part in one, now is the chance! I have only been to a spelling bee at Pete's once before, years ago, but it was a riotously good time, and I made it through... two rounds? I anticipate some good competition!

Sign-up is at 7:00 pm and the bee starts at 7:30.

Also, as an added bonus, if it does not rain for a change, Pete's Candy Store has a lovely backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment