Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pseudo-Hibernation and Partying in Bed-Stuy

I'm not really hibernating. I rode my bike last night when it was half rain, half snow. I biked from Williamsburg to a party in Bed-Stuy. That's kind of the opposite of hibernation. But I have been less motivated to go to more costly, large-scale bashes lately.

I could have gone to BowieBall and had a decadent, costumed adventure in the Village. Instead, I chose to save some money, stay closer to home and get my biking on.

I have to say, after living in NYC for about 5 years, this is the first house I have been to here that really had a "co-op" community-living type of vibe. The house featured: at least 4-5 bathrooms, 5 floors including the basement, 12 people living together (did they all have their own rooms? I'm not sure), and a backyard with a campfire set-up. Yesterday evening, it also featured a live DJ, two separate rooms with dancing, a "kissing booth" and alcohol for purchase.

The entire house was shared by the people who lived there. I am not sure I actually even talked to anyone who lived there last night...

I only have a few pictures, as I did not want to be the one obnoxious person snapping flash photography in a room full of people I mostly didn't know. As it was, when I snapped a couple of pictures by the fire, some guy was confused by my flash and thought the fire was exploding or something. Good times.



(slogan by the "kissing booth")

No comments:

Post a Comment