Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yelle Re-Cap

Yelle was a fabulous time! She struck me as a French, electro-pop version of Lady Sovereign: another one of those cheeky white rapper girls, with more attitude and energy than one would expect from a skinny young white girl... And, though I basically did not understand Yelle's lyrics, a girl next to me was kind enough to translate the general gist to me; and, from what I gather, her songs mostly are about looking good, boys, ragging on other girls, and having fun.

Pictures - and videos! - from the evening follow.





(above shirt slogan: "DANCE OR DIE"; I purchased one for myself!)




You can also see more pictures on PrefixMag.com.

Also, see this link to a video and interview on Yelle's American success, with footage from the Oct. 18th show.

No comments:

Post a Comment